Friday, September 29, 2006

 

Biting my nails...

is becoming a new (old) bad habit again. I'm sneaking peeks through the incubator window every day now,...at least twice.

When the party is over for other colubrid breeders, the "freaks" (suboc breeders) come out to claim their spoils.

Trans-Pecos hatchings usually coincide with the time of the harvest in North America, when leaves are falling and when people are making jack-o-lanterns and pumpkin pies, all of which bode of a winter soon-to-come; allowing snake enthusiasts one last "fling" to enjoy their very own brand of harvest just before the long days of hibernation are here.

Comments:
I can't wait to see the little treasures either ^^
 
Thanks, Sean. The clock is ticking. So what other critters do you keep? I saw Lee's blonde adults on KS...very nice.
 
Oh, I don't have any babies coming this year myself, was just saying that I can't wait to see how yours come out this season. I just got back into herps over the last year and currently only have a pair of brb's and a female Reeve's turtle that I may breed next year to my brothers male. I probably won't breed the brb's next season just to be on the safe side even though they are over four feet now at just under 16mo old.

Anyways hope they hatch soon for your fingers sakes and can't wait to see how they come out.
 
Keep us posted. Can't wait to see what comes out. yeah, the waiting is the hardest part.
 
>>Keep us posted. Can't wait to see what comes out. yeah, the waiting is the hardest part.

Yeah, Tom Petty was on to something when he wrote that song; he must be a snake breeder.

I want patience, and I want it RIGHT NOW! LOL

The triple het x triple het clutch will be interesting, no matter what comes out. (really hoping for something yellow or white, though)
:)

Mike, is your axanthic a female or male (or do you have one of each?)?
 
Hey Dusty. I do have a pair of axanthic. I got the female from Lee Abbott. She's really nice, kind of pastel like colors. The male I got from Craig Trumbower, although Bill Knowling hatched him. He is very nice grey with sort of a stippled pattern--dots and dashes along his neck. the female looks more "delicate" and pinkish/purply/grey.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?